A blogger’s challenge is a great way to allow your readers to learn a little more about you and 11 of your favorite blogs.
I was nominated by Lydia Amadi Chinyere who writes for Empressing, a great blog about life and love. An inspirational blog you’ll definitely want to check out!
Thank you, Lydia, for the nomination and for providing this great list of questions. I will answer them to the best of my ability!
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
I have always been a creative person and I love to write. Why not bring all of those skills together in a blog? It’s a great way to reach a lot of people and, hopefully, inspire them by sharing what I have learned as a designer over the last two decades.
2. If You were to write a book about yourself, what would be the title?
I’d have to say, She Was Told She’d Never Make It. Being a creative person and pursuing a creative career is not usually met with a lot of excitement and encouragement. It’s not a “real” job. Shouldn’t I just sit a cubicle for 30 years? As a creative person, that would be akin to jail time. No thank you! I’ve pursued my passion and, after 20 years, I’ve received awards, been published, and grown a very loyal client base. I made it!
3. What is your biggest achievement in life?
Honestly, I’d have to say marrying my husband. He is my number one supporter across the board. Anything I want to do, he is on board. He accepts me completely for who I am and I am so glad I snatched him up! After divorcing my first husband, I didn’t think I’d ever want to get married again. Thankfully, I changed my mind 😉
4. How do you want to improve yourself next year?
I hope to continue to become a better writer and an inspiration to people. Not only regarding interior design but as an inspiration in life. To show people that you can do whatever calls to your heart. No matter who is against you. No matter how long it takes. Go for it! Life is too short to sit in a cubicle.
5. What is your biggest fear?
I have a LOT of anxiety issues so that covers a great deal of fear I have to deal with on a daily basis. Overall, I believe my greatest fear is what a lot of people would say they fear. Death. Leaving too soon or without a chance to say goodbye.
6.What do you do with your spare time?
Spare time? Haha, that’s funny! When I do have spare time, I love to cook. Creating meals from scratch gives me great joy. I also love to read, watch classic movies, or sit and enjoy nature.
7. In blogging, what is your ideal working environment?
Sitting at home alone. A Chai Tea Latte cooling beside me and my dogs curled up at my feet. Listening to Michael Bublé also relaxes me into the writing process.
8. If you were given a million dollars today, what would be the first thing you’d buy?
I don’t know if I would buy anything at first. I’d hire a financial advisor – I guess that would be my first expense! Together we’d make decisions about charitable giving, what I’d like to live on annually, and what to invest in. After that, I’d take a trip to Italy/Europe while I was having a home built here.
9. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
My husband telling me that I’m the best thing that’s ever happened to him. And other people telling me they think I’m in my mid-twenties. I’m 39.
10. Who has influenced you the most in blogging and how?
I really admire Amanda Saiontz Gluck of Fashionable Hostess
. She is so amazingly talented! I also admire my friend Jennie Treadway-Miller. Her blog, Jennie Creates
, acts as a diary for her two sons. A priceless treasure for them to look back on once they’ve grown up.
11. Finally, If you were to be a famous singer, who would you be?
I love Adele’s voice but I’d probably want to be Carrie Underwood. She can sing, act, and dance. Very talented!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I hope that helps you all get to know me a little better! There are 11 other talented bloggers I’d love for you to know. Here they are in no particular order:
Bloggers, here are the rules for participating in the challenge:
1.Start by thanking the person who nominated you and adding a link to their blog
2.Answer the 11 questions I give you at the end of this post.
3.Nominate 11 other bloggers whose blog you think is amazing.
4.Give them 11 questions of your choice.
Here is your list of questions from me:
1. When did you realize you had talent as a writer?
2. If you weren’t working as a blogger/writer, what career would you have?
3. Who inspires you the most?
4. What is the favorite city you have traveled to?
5. What are your goals for 2018?
6. What is your hope for your readers?
7. If you could meet one blogger, who would it be?
8. If a movie was made about your life, who would be cast to play you?
9. What other creative talent do you have?
10. Name one affirmation you recite to yourself daily?
11. If you could eliminate one disease, which would it be?
Thank you, readers, for giving us all a reason to get up and do what we do every day. It’s because of you that we can continue pursuing this blogging dream.
Thank you, fellow bloggers, for all being so amazing. I love how we promote and support each other. This is a great community to be a part of. Once you’ve finished your Blue Sky Challenge Blog, come back and drop the link in my comments so I can be sure to read them all!